In your application, please let us know when you would be available and to which countries you are applying for. You may apply to 1-3 distance positions and/or 1-3 in-country positions.
22.2.-14.3.2021 Call is open. The call ends on Sunday 14 March at 23.59.
18.3.-16.4.2021 The pre-selected candidates are contacted and the interviews will be conducted. The interviews will be done virtually.
11.-13.6.2021 The selected candidates for summer and fall attend a training . The training will be organized face to face in Helsinki if the COVID-19 restrictions allow it. The training is free of charge.
When selecting the positions you are applying to, consider which position is the best match for your skill set. Volunteers are placed in projects based on their expertise and applicability. The candidates that are interested in acting both distance and in-country volunteers may be prioritized.
The selection of volunteers is based on their applications and interviews. The interviews are conducted virtually by our staff from Helsinki office as well as from the respective country office. The application process may also include a written task
For the all volunteers selected, a three-day training will be arranged in Helsinki or an online training tailored to the distance positions.
As of now, Teachers without Borders Network’s volunteer and expert positions are conducted via distance. We continue to monitor the situation and will prepare to deploy volunteers late 2021, early 2022 or when the global situation allows. The safety of our volunteers and beneficiaries is our top priority at all times.
Instructions for applying
1. Please read the Terms of Reference for each position carefully and choose which positions reflect your competencies the best. You may apply to both distance and in-country volunteer positions (1-3 positions each). List the positions you are applying to in order of preference. The candidates that are interested in acting in both distance and in-country positions may be prioritized.
In the case of Uganda, where there are numerous in-country positions, the selected candidates are positioned into projects and locations based on their competencies.
2. Please fill the application form in English
- Special skills: please list relevant knowledge for the position(s) applied for, including your experience of international and multicultural working environments, development cooperation, NGO work or volunteer work.
- This position – Why are you interested? Please place your motivation letter here.
- Attachments: please prepare the following attachments:
- Attachment 1: CV
- Your CV in English. Note that only CVs in English will be taken into consideration
- Attachment 2: Preferred positions & your availability
- Please write down the earliest and the last date of your availability for distance and/or in-country volunteering, and whether these dates are flexible.
3. The pre-selected candidates are contacted for an interview.