The spring call for volunteers has closed. The next volunteer recruitment round will be opened in autumn 2019. Follow this page for more information.
Apply for a volunteer position
Apply by filling this online application form.
Read the instructions carefully and prepare the required attachments (Attachment 1: CV in English Attachment 2: Preferred positions and your availability). Please please list relevant knowledge for the position(s) applied for, including your experience of development cooperation, NGO work or volunteer work in section: Other skills: you special knowledge and skills and state your motivation in section This position: Why are you inerested in this position?. Referees are not obligatory at this point.
The call is open 7.3-7.4.2019.
The selected candidates are contacted and the interviews will be conducted between 22.4-10.5.2019. The interview may be held at the Teachers Without Borders’ office or via Skype.
Those who are selected, attend a training in 7.-9.6.2019.
General criteria for volunteers
- Candidates should be at least 25 years old
- University degree (or degree in University of Applied Sciences) in Education or other relevant field
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience in the education sector, preferably in the area of teacher training
- International experience preferably from a developing country (internships and/or work and/or voluntary work)
- Competences: pedagogical knowledge, intercultural awareness, flexibility and ability to adapt to challenging contexts
- Good physical and mental health. The work usually includes travelling to remote, challenging and/or post-disaster environments
- Strong stress management skills, as well as willingness and ability to work in challenging situations and out of regular comforts